Preparedness = Rely on Yourself = Information + Calmness + Common Sense + Prepare
If you have found your way to this page and you feel as we do that a certain level of preparedness is essential for a safe future
and that it is unwise to rely on anyone else for security, ~ my instinct is that it would be prudent to have all your ducks in a row by NOW.
Please use your own common sense, intelligence and intuition to be discerning with the following information.
Be pro-active when appropriate - and still when appropriate - and follow the advice of the emergency services.
Every thought and activity is crucial at a time of emergency.
Even if you are in anguish, stress, fear or pain, be a beacon of calmness and sensible action.
Secure yourself and your loved ones and then help others.
Identify what you need to feel safe. What brings you security?
QUESTION: If you had 5 minutes warning to move yourself and your loved ones -
are you prepared to do so with all the items you'd need for at least a week
Always keep vehicle tanks full of petrol
~ food and water for at least 72 hours for everyone plus some
~ all batteries fully charged - cameras, lights, torches and mobiles
~ phone fully powered with plenty of credit
~ your grab bags packed
~ a readily accessible Contact List of important telephone numbers, email addresses and addresses.
~ passport and important documents
~ take Mattresses, raincoats and good shoes into your shelter room.
~ your own ideas go here
The urgency for preparedness has been covered well on these pages.
Winds, Water, Floods, Currency Collapse, Unemployment, Political Chaos
and what I call The Greater Depression are in progress.
Prepare your home against fires, winds and storms... clean gutters, remove rubbish etc
SES Rescue Australian State Emergency Service - run by volunteers - Call 000 and please be patient
If in NT call 132500 instead
24 hour emergency contact 13 25 00
'We’re the people you sometimes see on television, helping out in cases of emergency. Especially when it comes
to storm and flood response, no other emergency service has better equipment, training and expertise.
At the SES, it’s a real team effort and we need lots of team players with different skills. You don’t have to hang off cliffs – we also
need people to do things like operating the radio, driving, observation, navigation, dog handlers, horse riding for searches and lots more.'
- Top 100 Items to Disappear First During a National Emergency
2. Water Filters/Purifiers
3. Portable Toilets
4. Seasoned Firewood. Wood takes about 6 - 12 months to become dried, for home uses.
5. Lamp Oil, Wicks, Lamps
6. Coleman Fuel. Impossible to stockpile too much.
7. Guns, Ammunition, Pepper Spray, Knives, Clubs, Bats & Slingshots.
8. Hand-can openers, and hand egg beaters, whisks.
9. Honey/Syrups/white, brown sugar
10. Rice - Beans - Wheat
11. Vegetable Oil (for cooking) Without it food burns/must be boiled etc.,)
12. Charcoal, Lighter Fluid
13. Water Containers (Urgent Item to obtain.) Any size.
16. Propane Cylinders (Urgent: Definite shortages will occur.)
17. Survival Guide Book.
18. Mantles: Aladdin, Coleman, etc.
19. Baby Supplies: Nappies/formula. ointments/aspirin
20. Washboards, Mop Bucket w/wringer
21. Cookstoves (Propane, Coleman & Kerosene)
23. Propane Cylinder Handle-Holder
24. Feminine Hygiene/Haircare/Skin products.
25. Thermal underwear (Tops and Bottoms)
26. Bow saws, axes and hatchets, Wedges (also, honing oil)
27. Aluminum Foil Reg. and Heavy Duty (Great Cooking and Barter Item)
28. Gasoline Containers (Plastic & Metal)
29. Garbage Bags
30. Toilet Paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels
31. Milk - Powdered and Condensed (Shake Liquid every 3 to 4 months)
32. Garden Seeds (Non-Hybrid)
33. Clothes pins/line/hangers
34. Coleman's Pump Repair Kit
35. Tuna Fish (in oil)
36. Fire Extinguishers (or..large box of Baking Soda in every room)
37. First aid kits
38. Batteries (all sizes)
39. Garlic, spices, vinegar, baking supplies
40. Big Dogs (and plenty of dog food)
41. Flour, yeast, salt
43. Writing paper/pads/pencils, solar calculators
44. Insulated ice chests (good for keeping items from freezing in Wintertime.)
45. Workboots, belts, Levis & durable shirts
46. Flashlights/LIGHTSTICKS and torches, Lanterns
47. Journals, Diaries, Scrapbooks (jot down ideas, feelings, experience; Historic Times)
48. Garbage cans Plastic (great for storage, water, transporting - if with wheels)
49. Men's Hygiene: Shampoo, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash/floss, nail clippers, etc
50. Cast iron cookware
51. Fishing supplies/tools
52. Mosquito coils/repellent, sprays/creams
53. Duct Tape
56. Laundry Detergent (liquid)
57. Backpacks, Duffel Bags
58. Garden tools and supplies
59. Scissors, fabrics and sewing supplies
60. Canned Fruits, Veggies, Soups, stews, etc.
61. Bleach (plain, NOT scented: 4 to 6% sodium hypochlorite)
62. Canning supplies, (Jars/lids/wax)
63. Knives and Sharpening tools: files, stones, steel
64. Bicycles...Tires/tubes/pumps/chains, etc
65. Sleeping Bags and blankets/pillows/mats
66. Carbon Monoxide Alarm (battery powered)
67. Board Games, Cards, Dice
68. Rat and mouse poison, Roach Killer
69. Mousetraps, Ant traps and cockroach magnets
70. Paper plates/cups/utensils (stock up, folks)
71. Baby wipes, oils, waterless and antibacterial soap
72. Rain gear, rubberized boots, etc.
73. Shaving supplies (razors, creams, talc, after shave)
74. Hand pumps and siphons (for water and for fuels)
75. Soysauce, vinegar, bullions/gravy/soupbase
76. Reading glasses
77. Chocolate/Cocoa/Tang/Punch (water enhancers)
79. Woolen clothing, scarves/ear-muffs/mittens
80. Boy Scout Handbook, / also Leaders Catalog
81. Roll-on Window Insulation Kit
82. Biscuits, Energy Bars, Trailmix
83. Popcorn, Peanut Butter, Nuts
84. Socks, Underwear, T-shirts, etc.
85. Timber (all types)
86. Wagons and carts
87. Cots and Inflatable mattress's
88. Gloves: Work/warming/gardening, etc.
89. Lantern Hangers
90. Screen Patches, glue, nails, screws,, nuts & bolts
94. Wine/Liquors (for bribes, medicinal, etc,)
95. Paraffin wax
96. Glue, nails, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
97. Chewing gum/candies
98. Atomizers (for cooling/bathing)
99. Hats and cotton neckerchiefs
'Stay focused, Stay relevant, Stay on the line'
The Triple Zero (000) service is the quickest way to get the right emergency service to help you.
It should be used to contact Police, Fire or Ambulance services in life threatening or emergency situations.
Calls to Triple Zero (000) are free and can be made from mobile, home and work telephones, and payphones.
*** Cedar's Emergency Vehicle Kit ***
Prepare yourself - Rely on yourself - Assist and support others where you can
You can use a small case - Op Shop for $5 - $10
Collect, package and store the smaller items in the case
Add your own ideas to this checklist - prepare and share
Have your version of this kit in your vehicle today... now that's a good idea!
* Battery-operated radio and extra batteries
* Torch and extra batteries
* Cash, silver or traveller's cheques
* Can opener and
all purpose knife
* Fire extinguisher
* Small tent or tarp
* Wrench, screw-driver,hammer, pliers
* Plastic sheeting
* Matches, lighter in a waterproof container
* Plastic storage containers
* Paper, pencil
* Needles, thread
* Map of the area
* Toilet paper, towels
* Sturdy shoes or walking boots
* Rain gear
* Blankets or sleeping bags
* Hat and gloves
* Change of clothing for all
* Playing cards, board games
* Bathroom supplies * Shovel
* Cups, plates, and plastic utensils
* Tyre repair kit and pump
* Lubricant such as WD40
* Rope or chain
* Plenty of Water for all
* Insect Repellent
* Canned and dried food for 3 days per person
* Family records - photocopies of birth, marriage, bank accounts, credit card numbers,
wills, passports, home title,
insurance policies, investments.
Lists of emergency numbers, friends' details. Store in waterproof container.
Basic Medical Kit for Vehicle
* Sterile adhesive bandages in assorted sizes
* Rolls of bandages
* Gauze pads
* Assorted sizes of safety pins
* Sunscreen * Rubber gloves (2 pairs)
* Pain relief
Cedar Rivers - Second Site
Cedar's Third Site
Cedar's Fourth Site Clarity for Life Blog
Keys for this Week
Calmness * Self Responsibility * Wise Leadership * Grow Food
Share Skills and Resources * Adhere to Universal Laws * Ask Yourself: How can I assist?
As the world economy teeters on the brink of disaster - do not give up hope! Call me cynical...
There IS a use for those soon to be useless dollars and to make a profound statement in the process.
This is what ONE trillion dollars looks like.
“Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned,
and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.” Cree proverb
Self Managed Superannuation Funds
Clients and friends who followed my suggestion to roll over their superannuation and manage it themselves
by purchasing gold and silver have seen their investment grow rather than be eroded drastically. It's a simple
process that requires a little study and a solicitor who has previously performed this service and so knows the ropes.
Gold Prices per ounce US$
12/31/00 - $272
12/31/01 - $278
12/31/02 - $346
12/31/03 - $435
12/31/04 – $437
12/31/05 – $516
12/31/06 – $636
12/31/07 – $834
12/31/08 – $880
12/31/09 – $1,096
12/31/10 - $1,224
Gold Prices Graphs
Releasing Outmoded Systems
The pressure is really giving off steam in so many major areas worldwide.
We may not be able to do much about the world economy, volcanoes and earthquakes etc
- however, we can do a great deal in our local communities.
It's always advisable to have the heat on low under the pressure cooker.
Iris Seismic Monitor
Flash Earth cloud activity
What do you imagine would happen to everyday life if massive solar storms were to damage our electrical systems? I've been
following the status of solar flares for years and see heightened solar activity as a very real threat to life as we know it. Clearly
modern cars would cease to function along with commerce, internet and all things that rely on electricity and magnetics.
The Synchronicity Grid - Earth Changes Observations
Betty Eadie - Visions during Near Death Experience
Time of the Sixth Sun It is time for us to consciously dream a new future.
“There will be no shift of the ages outside of ourselves” (Carl Calleman)
Hopi: And do not look outside yourself for the leader. This could be a good time! There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel like they are being torn apart, and they will suffer greatly. Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off toward the middle of the river.
ICE - 'In Case of Emergency'
We all carry our mobile phones with names and numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.
If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call.
Store the number of a contact person or persons who are to be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE'.
The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones
with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally
recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to
quickly contact the right person by simply dialling the number you have stored as 'ICE.'
For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!
Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today!
Earth Changes and Preparedness
We are witnessing massive numbers of people throughout the world severly affected by floods, earthquakes, typhoons, tornados, toxic spills, wildfires, heatwaves, freezing cold snaps, hurricanes, crop failures, transportation disruptions, war, economic downturn etcetera.
If any or many of these conditions were to happen in your area - are you sufficiently self-sufficient and prepared for survival?
You will find a large number of sites
and information relating to these subjects
throughout the Celtic Gardens pages and on my facebook pages.
As earth changes escalate it is important to be a beacon of calm and resourcefulness.
Our very survival depends on our attitudes now and during the next years.
Hot Tip 1: Plan and prepare throroughly and methodically. Have copies of documents, titles, passport details.
Hot Tip 2: When making preparations it is prudent to at least double what you think you may need.
Hot Tip 3: Factor in the needs of the sick, the distraught and the elderly.
The Experts Advise
Earth Changes Media
Volcanoes of the World
Popocatépetl - active volcano 70k from Mexico City
Survival and Self-Sufficiency Sites
Shelter Box Australia
Celtic Gardens Homepage
RETURN TO THE GARDEN
Some of my research links that may be of interest to you:
Crop Circle Connector
Cedar's Crop Circles Page
List of Countries by External Debt
United States of America– $18,540,448,667,000 (trillion)
What is a trillion dollars anyway?
It's a million million. It's a thousand billion. It's a one followed by 12 zeros ($1,000,000,000,000)
This is what a mere one trillion dollars looks like in $100 notes
Wiki: A phoenix is a mythical bird with a colourful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet or purple and blue. It has a 500 to 1,000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of myrrh twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. The new phoenix is destined to live as long as its old self.
Phoenix Rising: Visions of The Changes To Come by No-Eyes
Deep in the Colorado mountains, Mary Summer Rain learnt from a Chippewa Native American wise woman and seer No-Eyes about human
spiritual development, the future of our planet, and the interrelationship of all life. “Earth Mother in bad labor. She gonna give birth to something great. She already in first labor hours... She be in great pain now... It be great Phoenix that gonna rise up again just like all times ago. He already here... He been forming for years now. He all ready to break out of Earth Mother’s womb... She gonna give up great Phoenix soon...” No Eyes
Some of No Eyes' other predictions include planes falling from the sky and an increase in accidents because the caretakers stop preventing them so that humans can see the results of their actions. More predictions include economic crashes resulting in hunger and riots, financial crimes by corporate executives, nuclear accidents, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, people going crazy. Finally, the Phoenix is born,
we have the second coming, and we live in a peaceful, compassionate, less materialistic time -
more in touch with God and nature, much as the native Americans lived.
Clarity for Life Blog with Cedar Rivers